After a long year of living 2020 style, it’s no doubt that many people will be making big resolutions for 2021 about how and where they want to live. As we’ve seen through Kelowna real estate market reports, even during a year of challenges and uncertainty, the demand for housing in Kelowna and the Okanagan lifestyle has only continued to gain strength and is projected to see even greater gains in 2021. Here’s just a few reasons why investing in Kelowna in 2021 will be so attractive.
- The Strong Job Market. In 2019, the BMO Labour Market Report Card ranked Kelowna as the #3 city for strongest job markets in Canada. The only two other cities in British Columbia that ranked in the top 10 were Abbotsford and Victoria.
- An Affordable Housing Market. In 2020, the average selling price for a property in Kelowna has been $646,000, compared with November median housing costs in Victoria, Vancouver and Abbotsford which came in at $909,900, $1,044,000, and $738,000, respectively.
- Small Town Feel, Big City Amenities. With a population of under 145,000, Kelowna offers all the city amenities one could want, but without urban sprawl. Exceptional health care facilities, a top-ranked school system as well as Okanagan College and the UBC Okanagan Campus, the convenience of big box retailers but the charm of small, local boutiques and Farmers Markets – Kelowna truly offers it all.
- Outdoor Recreation. From watersports on Okanagan Lake, to winter sports at Big White, the region is an outdoor enthusiasts dream destination. And with one of the best climates in Canada with warm summers with low humidity and relatively mild winters, Kelowna is made for year-round outdoor activities.
- Culture and Cuisine. Aside from the famous wineries in Kelowna and an extraordinary culinary scene, Kelowna arts and culture is rich and growing with galleries, live theater venues, and museums.
With such an incredible Kelowna lifestyle, it’s easy to understand why real estate investment opportunities in the Okanagan are so appealing. Evest Funds has two projects currently in Kelowna and an upcoming project launching soon. Click here to learn more about you can invest in one of Canada’s hottest real estate markets for 2021 with Evest Funds today.